So I got this idea from Mis Specs blog: write seven weird things about yourself. Now she wrote seven x ten things… I’m hoping for seven. But we’ll see where this goes!
- I was a premature baby. In fact, I have these tiny holes in my ears (the top part where the ear attaches to your head, close to the hairline) that haven’t closed up.
- My feet are weird. One foot is a seven. The other a seven and a half or eight. It’s not very uncommon, but it pisses me off. Ruins shoe shopping, which I love.
- I drink water like a frikin camel. And I have the bladder of a three-year old. Hence, I spend a lot of time in the washroom.
- My name means loyalty. In English though, it’s been linked with waldo, wall, and walrus quite often. (Why God? Why couldn’t I have been named Sarah, or some other pan-cultural name?!)
- I don’t like babies. I like very few, very select babies. But the general mass of pink, drooling babies? *shudder*
- I love Greek mythology and know most of the stories by heart, since it was all I read from age nine to twelve
- I have a freaky memory. For the oddest things. Especially numbers
- I can read the same book twenty times and still love it.
- I read abnormally fast. I finished HP the fifth in three hours. No skipping.
- When I was a kid, I used to make up stories for everyone around me. Where they were going, who they were going to meet with, names, addresses, wives/husbands, kids, problems. All the dirty details. My own personal entertainment.
- When people think I’ve done something good or give me praise, I always have this lurking feeling that they we’re not on the same page. They obviously messed up somewhere. (psychologize that)
- I get goosebumps when men say Ameen in prayer. Everytime.
- I cry very, very easily. Commercials, movies, books, people in the streets. The waterworks are extremely sensitive.
- I have a thing for cars. Like drool, worship, love listening to engines thing. So I took a few mech courses.
- I love pens, pencils, paper, notebooks. I love them so much that the paper has to be exactly the right kind (when the type I used throughout high school was discontinued, I was literally devastated. My grades suffered horrendously). Everything has to be perfect, to be used by only me.
- I make lists. Of everything. If it’s not on a list, it don’t exist. (my God, I’m such a geek)
- I love cliches.
- I smell my new books.
- I also love the smell of old money. Not the gold digger type of old money. Like old bills 😉
- Textbooks are my fetish. I want a billion of them.
- If I crave something I have to have it. Like right there and now. And then eat it for the next period of time, a week or two, till I can’t stand the sight of it and move on to my new craving.
- Make up suffocates me. And mascara makes my head hurt 😦
- I can’t sleep on a bed that I know someone else has slept on. I have a thing for clean, fresh sheets.
- I wore contacts for seven years, but around four months ago I got LASEK eye surgery done. It was freaky. You can smell sulphur.
- I drink black coffee. And tea with very little sugar. So it pisses me off when people assume I’m doing it as some weight-loss thing. I just don’t like sugar.
- I also don’t like rice. Or lamb. Arabs never understand those two concepts. Like *odd look* you don’t like rice? Don’t worry you won’t get fat! OMG! Shoot me now.
- Speaking of shooting, I love guns. I’ve fired one, twice. Very powerful feeling. Why am I getting this feeling that this’ll later be used to get me into Guantanamo or something?
- When I was a kid, I used to read so much my dad would stand guard outside the door so I wouldn’t turn on the lights and go to sleep. So I’d stand by the window and read by the streetlight which was like 20 meters away from my house.
- I’d hide my book inside my textbook in class.
- I am a very, very mouthy person. I’m trying very hard to shut up and listen more than I talk. But it’s not going very good.
- I’ll do anything on a dare. Including licking a frozen pole in the winter time. Very painful.
- I also bit a plant out of curiosity once. Unfortunately, of all the house plants we owned, I choose the poisonous one. My tongue was three times its size and my family enjoyed a month of blissful silence.
- I feel so sorry for worms. Especially after it rains. I used to pick them up and put them back in the grass on my home after it had rained. Just so I wouldn’t have to cry on my to school the next morning when they were all dried up. see #13
- My first crush was in grade two. He was in grade 4.
- I hate.. no, make that despise long hair on guys. Long, greasy, tied-back-in-Euro-style, black hair. *shudder*
- I took the car for a spin once. Literally. I was a young fourteen year old without her parents permission and the car spun on dry ice went over a bank of snow and just barely missed careening down a hill to a highway below. The top bar of the fence I crashed through held it back. God. I think it was a year before I seen daylight again.
- I squeeze lemons over everything I eat.
- I hate ketchup. And mayonnaise. Hellooo mustard and BBQ sauce!!
- I sing a lot. Even though I’ve been told on numerous occasion, kindly by those who love me not so kindly by those who don’t, that I can’t sing to save my life and should do the world a favor and shut up. But I still sing.
- I have this mental reaction when I speak Arabic. I’m pretty much fluent now, but if I get embarrassed, put on the spot, or passionate about something I end up stuttering like an idiot and then I get mad at myself and what little I could say in my former state goes out the window.
- You would be well advised to never ignore me. I will hurt you.
- I love rain. If it doesn’t rain in a while I get agitated and I know it’s because I need rain.
- I can never not finish a book. Even if I hate it I have to read it till the end.
- If it doesn’t look good on the plate, it won’t taste good going down.
- I hated those brown paper towels they had in public washroom and schools. Like refused to use them hated.
- I have very bad hand eye coordination. Basketball was a joke in school. The entire class would have to wait ten minutes for me to make a shot and the gym teacher would make them wait because she was convinced it was a matter of will. Turns out she was wrong.
- I’m very impatient.
- My mind is constantly providing a stream of sarcastic remarks about the people around me.
- I laugh at the most inappropriate moments.
Presenter: In country X there are more land mines than there are children!
Me: laughs loud and long.
Islamic lecturer: The punishment of people who do shrk with God is unimaginable. And those that worship cows?
Me: *in head is an image of a tribe of people staring intensely at a cow while it does that lazy straw chewing thing. Cow: Mooooo. Tribe of people: Whohoo!!* laugh at loud.
- I only wear the really low cut ankle socks. Anything above my ankle makes me suffocate (I think I may be claustrophobic)
- I get carsick very easily.
- Driving at night = sort of like the rain. It can make anything go away.
- I’m Syrian. It’s in my genes to be weird.
- I hate those replies you have to give to people. I think only Arabs’ll get this one. In the West it’s Please, Thank you, You’re Welcome. In Arabic they take it to a whole new level and they have different replies for different situations. I always screw them up.
- I hate pronouncing new words
- I can’t hold a grudge. Trust me, I’ve tried
- I love Japanese food. So much more than Arabic food (again, only weird for Arabs)
- I recently quit sheesha 😦
- I can’t wear jewelry. A watch and my customary small hoop earrings are all. I always feel odd with anything else on. Sort of shackled. Even though I love them and have the biggest collection of never before worn accessories.
- I love to draw. But I never show anyone my drawings. They’re very personal.
- I rarely get bit by misquotes in Syria. Ants on the other hand are out to get me.
- A bee once bit me on the tongue. It was in my coke and I drank it. Very painful.
- I have the nose of a dog. Very sensitive to smells.
- My favorite movies are always Pixar
- Every time I say “Know what I mean?” I either say or think peaches and cream.
- My older brother and I have a way of talking that goes like this. “Not said that you did” or “Not good it was” only when using the word not.
- I’m genetically blessed with this odd multiple choice logic. Even if I have no idea, I can figure it out using the answers that are given.
- I’ve never failed a course in my life.
- When I was born the doctors told my mom that I’d have trouble speaking, and may not learn to speak till a late age (estimated age: 3). I was speaking full sentences at 10 months, potty trained and off the bottle at 9.
- I have no sense of time.
K. Whoa. I could go on but it’s 2am and I can’t believe I got up to seventy. Whoa. K, have to be up in an hour for sahoor so enjoy!!
I sort of missed the tag someone else part earlier, so here it is:
I tag: ATW (sorry! Apparently identifying just doesn’t cut it) Mamamona, Unique Muslimah, Prairie Heart of Damascus, and Crazy Muslim!!
Have fun =D