A while back, I said I’d post up my Ramadan Resolutions. I’ve been really, really picky in choosing them because I want this Ramadan to be different. Ergo numero uno is:
- Expose myself. I’m going to cut out all the extra, time-consuming things I regularly do (excluding this blog) and really immerse myself in this month.
- Keep up my Jihad of the Nafis. I have a little plan devised, so hopefully it goes good!!
- Pray all the prayers immediately following the adhan.
- A complete khitmah of the Quran. Twice.
- Full 20 Taraweeh prayers. Daily. At the mosque.
- I’m going to work on my khoshw3. I think that’s how you spell it. I think it translates to humbleness. Anyway khoshw3 in prayer is a biggie this Ramadan, and inshallah I’ll be able to maintain the proper level of khoshw3 throughout my prayers and my dua.
- My daily dua!! Before I break my fast I will say that special prayer. Ameen.
- I’m going to take one hadith and implement it throughout my every waking moment. I have a few hadiths in mind, so I’m going to choose one and let you know later!!
- Maximize every opportunity as one for worship. I’ve heard countless stories of people who before they do anything turn it around so that it’s a form of worship. ex. eating, sleeping, relaxing.
- Look back and say that yes, this was a Ramadan to remember!!
So wish me luck with my Ramadan Resolutions!! InshAllah they go great, ya Rab!
PS: the eyebrows are doing fine. They’re taking the lack of restraint rather well and are flourishing. But resolute I shall remain.
So, Ramadan Kareem!!!